Breast Augmentation OKC
Breast augmentation (also known as breast implant or breast enlargement surgery) remains one of the most popular and satisfying cosmetic procedures. Natural breasts may leave a woman feeling underdeveloped, boyish, or deflated after having children. Natural breasts are often different in size and shape and may make shopping for clothes difficult resulting in lower self esteem. Breast augmentation surgery remains safe and affordable and is the most common method of correction for these concerns. At Cosmetic Surgery Affiliates in Oklahoma City, Dr. Erik Nuveen and Dr. Courtney Caplin customize your breast augmentation to meet your needs and goals. During your initial consultation either online or in person, Dr. Nuveen and Dr. Caplin will help you understand your options and choices, and then work with you to develop your ideal treatment plan.
Breast Augmentation Reviews
"southfork73 - Was refered to Dr. Nuveen by a co worker in 2004. Very satisfied! People are always asking if my boobs are real? I just tell them that there really mine. And well they really are...LOL. He did a great job."- K. / Yellowpages / Aug 14, 2010
"I love CSA! My first surgery was something I had wanted for a long time, a breast augmentation. I was extremely nervous because I had never had any type of surgery before, but Dr. Nuveen and his staff were right there to help every step of the way! Most recently, I have gotten laser hair removal with Melissa and even though I have only went through two sessions with her so far, I can already see results! Melissa is very easy to talk to and is very concerned about how my body is doing with the procedure; I could not be any happier with her and this company as a whole!"- K. / Google / Feb 07, 2015
"Dr. Nuveen and his staff far exceeded my expectations! I had my breast augmentation at 8AM, and at 8PM, Dr. Nuveen called my caregiver to check in on me and see how I was doing. From his own personal cell phone, after hours, might I add! What other doctor have you heard does that?!! Hannah was more than helpful in answering every single little question I had. By the time it was my surgery day, I was not even nervous! They did such an amazing job preparing me in what to expect and how single and sufficient the process would be! I would do it all over again today if needed! I will be back for any other procedures I may desire in the future! Thank you so much to Dr. Nuveen & all your staff for making this experience wonderful!"- E.N. / Google / Apr 07, 2015
"I had a breast augmentation and lift by Dr. Nuveen a few years ago, so when I decided to look into Exilis Elite I was thrilled to see that they offered it at his office. I couldn't be more pleased with my results and the friendly service of the staff. They are highly professional and genuinely care about their patients and their results (Melissa the laser tech was awesome!). I would recommend them over and over again to anyone who is looking into cosmetic surgery and non invasive procedures."- B.E. / Google / May 07, 2015
"Had a breast augmentation last June! I'm totally satisfied! I'm actually saving to get bigger implants (Dr said I would probably want to go bigger!!) I should have listened!!! Oh well at least I know what I'm getting into and can't wait!!!!!"- T.L. / Yelp / May 28, 2015
Saline vs Silicone Implants
- Saline breast implants
- More affordable
- Filled with sterile salt water
- With time, can deflate leaving you with a “flat tire.” Your body safely absorbs the saline, but the implant will need to be replaced.
- Rippling can occur especially in women who are thin and have minimal breast tissue.
- Silicone breast implants
- Most popular due to softer and more natural feel
- Safety confirmed by FDA: studied over 4.5 million people and no medical illness has been associated with silicone implants
- New shell is much more durable and safer than what was previously used in the early 1990's
- Come in different shapes and textures
- Can rupture but extremely rare – can be confirmed with an x-ray or MRI
- Both are safe
- Neither are life time devices and may need to be replaced (average 7-20 yrs)
Breast Implants in okc
Choosing Breast implant Size
- This is surprisingly quick and easy!
- Prior to surgery you will try on a bra and trial implants and tell Dr. Caplin or Dr. Nuveen what size you would like.
- The whole process usually only takes a few minutes.
- Most women innately know what size they used to be or always wanted to be. The look on your body is much more important than the actual number. We will help you find what fits your body, your proportions, and the look that you want.
above or below muscle?
- Dr. Caplin and Dr. Nuveen place 95% of implants below the pectoralis muscle
- advantages to placing the breast implant below muscle:
- reduced scar tissue formation around the implant
- mammography easier to interpret/diagnose cancer
- both doctor and patient report improved cosmetic results
- disadvantages to placing the breast implant below muscle:
- increased muscle soreness
- movement with muscle activity
What's a "gummy bear" implant?
The Natrelle 410 highly cohesive silicone, textured implant is the newest FDA approved implant often called the “Gummy Bear” implant. The primary advantage of this implant is reduced scar tissue and decreased rippling. Due to their density, the implant maintains is anatomical shape, which is more tear drop as opposed to round and comes in different heights and widths to meet your goals.
Textured Breast Implants
Implants are made with either a smooth or a textured surface. In general, smooth implants cost less and are more common. The textured implants were initially conceived out of the idea that it reduces the chances of capsular contracture (the constriction of scar tissue around the implant) although there is no valid claim to this. The textured type is more common with the teardrop shape as the rough texture adheres to tissues helping the implant stay in place.
Where is the Incision Placed?
Several options are available:
- Inframammary crease: incision is hidden in the fold below the breast (most common)
- Transaxillary: incision is hidden in the armpit
- Periareolar: incision is made around the nipple areolar complex
During/After Breast Aug
Breast augmentation is an outpatient procedure that may last from an hour to several hours. It is performed using general anesthesia in an accredited surgical facility. All activities must be limited within 48 hours after surgery. There will be bruising and swelling, and a compression support bra will also be worn to help in healing. It is normal to feel tightness around the chest area as the skin adjusts to the breast’s new shape. Most patients can resume normal activities within 7 days; exercise should be avoided for 4-6 weeks. It takes approximately 6 months for the breasts to look, feel and function normally in regards to softness, sensation and final placement.
$5,000 and $7,000 - depending on the type of breast implant
**Fee's that are posted are subject to change. No doctor/patient relationship is established until exam. Consent in perpetuity until canceled in writing.
Plan Your Procedure
- Procedure Recovery Location
Breast Augmentation FAQs
Natural or Artificial?
This depends on the patient’s breast make up. Those who opt for implants may choose between saline or silicone as each has its own advantages. Generally, patients who have low breast tissue will benefit from silicone implants; otherwise, saline implants are recommended. For fat transfer, the advantage is that it poses less risk since there is no introduction of foreign material in the body. However, the results do not last long compared to artificial implants as fat can be reabsorbed by the body.
Negative notions about silicone started back in the early 90s when there were cases of leakage and complications. With today’s advancements in engineering, the silicone-based shells are made durable and safe, and have been proven so by the FDA. Today, in fact, silicone is more preferred than saline since they last longer and feel more natural. The rates of reported complications have significantly decreased in the last decade.
Implant or Lift?
Breast augmentation is a cosmetic procedure designed to enlarge breasts while a breast lift is designed to tighten the loose skin of a droopy breast. Both resolve different breast issues. There are cases that the procedures are simultaneously done when it is agreed that a breast lift with augmentation is necessary.